Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Hiya! I've got a hitachi 1 tb eternal harddrive not working,

Customer Question
Hiya! I've got a...

Hiya! I've got a hitachi 1 tb eternal harddrive not working

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About five years old S/N 7KGRRZ5C

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It hasn't been connecting to my machine for a month. the usb connecter was sort of loose, so i jiggled and the worked a little

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

What kind of usb should I look to replace it with?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
my hitachi 1tb external hd won't show up on mac osx finder
9/7/2017
Computer technician: Richard Freese, Home improvement replied 11 months ago
Richard Freese
Richard Freese, Home improvement

Hello. My name is***** will try an assist you in getting this drive operational. I\The drive is five years old but that doesn't mean it's bad. Does the drive have a special cable that needs to be used? It might be advisable to replace it since it was loose. What are your thoughts? Can you go to a local Fry's Electronics or Best Buys and get a new cable? This would be the first step in trying to resolve this.