Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I just purchased the MK345 keyboard mouse combo but it isn't…

Customer Question
I just purchased the...

I just purchased the MK345 keyboard mouse combo but it isn't connecting to my laptop... I have rebooted laptop etc and still nothing

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

Toshiba Satllite P855

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No ok

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/6/2017
Computer technician: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Are you running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10? Did you plug in the USB receiver that came with the combo, to one of your USB ports on the computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

10...yes I plugged in receiver....I have been using a microsoft keyboard and mouse for years but I replaced it when in broke
it worked for a half a day when I set it up but then it quit working
just purchased today
Hello
lets try to troubleshoot first
if that doesn't work you can connect

PS: Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me.

I see; could you do these two things first:

1. Plug in the USB receiver to a different USB port,

2. Insert replacement batteries into either the keyboard or the mouse.

Does this make any difference?

did not make a difference
no difference

I see, we might need to uninstall and reinstall your USB ports next. Can we go ahead with a FREE remote session (ignore the paid offer shown by the site) so that I can check this myself?

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link on your computer:

https://www.fastsupport.com/276675833
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

Connected now; thank you.

Let me open up your question to our other experts who will be able to assist further; you will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up. Thank you,

Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 9 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Do you still need help with this problem?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess