Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Suddenly my keyboard will not allow me to use the tab, or…

Customer Question
Hi there! Suddenly my...

Hi there! Suddenly my keyboard will not allow me to use the tab, or enter to move to the next field on my QuickBooks. I can only enter by using my mouse! I replaced the batteries, to no avail. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?

No problems before, I have a Dell XPS Computer ?

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

None that I am aware of, unless the auto update did something.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

None that I can think of.. Thanx

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/6/2017
Computer technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

I am ready
I wiuld prefer not to. I ga e amreasy been ccharged $48 and have nothing. This is a simple question that if the keyboard had cpme with a manual, I could look it up. I thought I was getting Logitech support, not a 2-3 party business.
Sorry for typos, doing this on my phone and fat fingers and autospell
Does this mean you can't help if I don't pay more?

We can continue without the remote If you wish, it's totally optional

Thank you. I feel like I must have accidently pushed a button or something that made it stop allowing the tab and enter and arrow keys to not work. IDK

Ok I'm not 100% sure here, let me opt out of this one for another expert to assist you..

You will be emailed when they pick this up :)

Computer technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please try the following and let me know the result.

1. On Quick Book click Edit > Preferences > General > My Preferences.
  2. Verify that there is a check mark in the box next to the "Pressing Enter moves between fields" selection.
  3. Close QuickBooks by clicking File > Exit.
  4. Restart your computer.
  5. Reopen QuickBooks and verify you are able to use your Tab or Enter button to move between fields.

If it not works, open another program like Word or Notepad and check whether the tab key is working or not on that program.

Regards

Jins

I waited last night as long as I could, I thought I would shut the computer down. After trying that, Windows had a considerable download, so I went home. When I returned...viola problem solved. Thanx for your efforts.

Happy to hear the problem resolved. Please take time to rate my service. Remember me, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/

Regards
Jins

I will not be responding as I received no assistance from you. I don't want to have a negative affect on you because of your company's poor business practices.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer