Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Iomega backup program compressed my files - how do I de

Iomega backup program compressed my files - how do I de compress them
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP Pavilon Elite HPE series running windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: From windows update yes not from Iomega
JA: Anything else you want the computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have an apple app as you should be able to tell since it is a windows 7 computer so your answer is invalid
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the extension on the files compressed is IAB which is Iomega backup crap
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you there hello

First, please accept our apologies for the wait. Are the IAB backup files saved on an external drive now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no they are on an internal drive

OK. Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can check the files now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to pay another 39 dollars I just want to know how to decompress the files

Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can check and try to recover the files now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I click on securely connect I won't be charged 39 dollars more?

No, please do not click on that button. Providing you with further instructions for the free remote session now.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok waiting

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

https://www.fastsupport.com/599149800
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

We are still not connected; you will need to open up the following remote link on your computer now:

www.fastsupport.com/599149800

.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is for Apple. Not windows 7

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,