Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Iomega backup program compressed my files - how do I de

compress them JA: What kind of...
Iomega backup program compressed my files - how do I de compress them
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP Pavilon Elite HPE series running windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: From windows update yes not from Iomega
JA: Anything else you want the computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
I don't have an apple app as you should be able to tell since it is a windows 7 computer so your answer is invalid
you there
the extension on the files compressed is IAB which is Iomega backup crap
you there hello
8/23/2017
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

First, please accept our apologies for the wait. Are the IAB backup files saved on an external drive now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

no they are on an internal drive

OK. Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can check the files now?

I don't want to pay another 39 dollars I just want to know how to decompress the files

Please ignore the automated remote assistance offer shown on this page; it's sent by our site and not by me. Can we go ahead with a free remote session so that I can check and try to recover the files now?

If I click on securely connect I won't be charged 39 dollars more?

No, please do not click on that button. Providing you with further instructions for the free remote session now.

ok waiting

OK, let's get started with the remote session now. Please open up the following link:

https://www.fastsupport.com/599149800
Follow the on-screen prompts to open/run the remote file, and click Yes when prompted to allow the remote connection. We will then be connected.

We are still not connected; you will need to open up the following remote link on your computer now:

www.fastsupport.com/599149800

.

This is for Apple. Not windows 7

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

And, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the five stars at the top of this page > Submit. Thank you,

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist