Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

What software do i use for a MAC, Macbook air, MacOS Sierra,

what software do i use...
what software do i use for a MAC
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Macbook air
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: MacOS Sierra
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Version 10.12
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please explain your issue in more detail

i have a iomega external hard drive with a lot of pictures on it. I need to know where to find the software for this external hard drive so i can download. I want to see what pictures are on it. This hard drive was hooked up to my old computer that bit the dust a few years ago... Yes you read that correctly its been a few years since I've viewed anything that's saved to this HD.
I'm sorry if this doesnt make any since. i just need to know where to get the software that is compatible with a MAC.

There are not any compatible software for your hard drive and macOS Sierra.

Go to Finder > Preferences > General and make sure that there is a tick beside External Drives.

Connect the hard drive and see if it appears as a drive now

there is a tick but once I connected harddrive nothing popped up. I've had this for a few years and it was connected to my old MAC. I'm looking for pictures of my babies first birthday party.

I understand but the software for your hard drive is not available for macOS Sierra -- It is likely that your older Mac had a different macOS on it (an older version) which was compatible with the software.

I can't right now but I think I figured it but thank you for your help!

You're welcome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Josh, Computer Enthusiast