Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Trying to run Storage Manager. It tells me: It tells me

Customer Question
Trying to run Storage...

Trying to run Storage Manager. It tells me: It tells me "Your browser is too old to successfully run this application." What's up with that?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Laptop, MSI, I7, Windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Totally up to date.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Don't even know what I don't know.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
8/21/2017
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What web browser are you using? Google Chrome? Internet Explorer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Internet Explorer V11
Are you going to suggest anything or just charge me more money?

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me where did you get this Storage Manager software? Did you buy or download it online?

Download online.

Can you please tell me the developer of that software? If you already installed it (but cannot run as you described) you can get that information from Control Panel => Programs and Features and then locate the storage manager program.

Or tell me the site where you downloaded it.

This problem has been solved. Trying to set up a share now. Tells me no shares set up.

I do not know what you mean by shares. Are you referring to using Storage Manager now? I am not viewing your screen so I do not know what is going on on your computer.

in the time it took you to process my $5 charge on my credit card, I used Google to solve the problem on my own. Now I'm in storage manager and have created a folder on the device. I'm trying to drop and drag a folder from my hard drive into a folder I created on the device. Won't let me. Makes me click on the "upload a file" icon and then I can only upload one file at a time. How do I copy many files and/or folders to the device? Do I have to use your software to do this always?

Until now I do not know what "Storage Manager" software you are using.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee (10) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Well, to be honest, you have done absolutely nothing to indicate you can help me. All you've done is try to direct me to pay more money so you can connect remotely to my computer. Are you a support person or a salesman? No thank you. NO way to operate.

I am very sorry if I was not able to help. Let me opt out so that other experts can assist you further.

To be honest, my experience with this hardware and your technical support has been disappointing at best. I see I have been referred to another technician. This is not support. You have chosen not to help me. Not good.
Computer technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

If I can't help, you will get refund of your money.

Regards
Jins

You are asking me to pay fully one third of the cost of the hardware for you to show me how to hook it up. That is not going to happen. All I want to know now is how to make a "share" visible to my computer so that I can easily from and drag files to the unit using Explover. am not paying an additional fee for you to log into my machine. You are choosing to not help me now with the simplest of problems. Are you going to continue to not provide me with the most basic support? As mentioned earlier, are you a support person or are you a salesman. You seem more concerned with collection money than proving help.

Okay, please take a photograph of the Share Manager window and upload it here. If you can't take the photograph, on share manager window, clcik on File menu and then About. Give me every details on the About window.

Regards

Jins