Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

HP Model 2000-2C25DX Product #D1E12UA#ABA. The left touch…

HP Model 2000-2C25DX Product #D1E12UA#ABA...
HP Model 2000-2C25DX Product #D1E12UA#ABA. The left touch pad key has fallen off. Is this a part of the top cover or the touch pad button board?
8/21/2017
Moses C

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer tech support, thank you for utilizing our services.
I will do my best to help you out in fixing the issue you are facing.
can you take a picture of the printer and the fallen part and upload it here on this chat window i can view and let you know.

thats the touchpad mouse left side key.

can you take another picture flip the key upside down i need to check if the lock is broken.

The broken key is the part of the top palmrest which is the top cover of the laptop.

check the bottom side of the broken key it the securing lock is broken.

If broken you will need a new palmrest.

Once I get home from work I will.
Well, I got home and decided to tear it apart. The right and left buttons are heat welded to the top cover. Mine was broken under the button in two places, at the far edge in two places, and a small bar which joins it to the right button. So, I decided to repair it by using my soldering iron and melting the plastic posts a bit. I used an old piece of broken plastic from this same laptop to fill any gaps. She might last a little longer after all. Thanks for the help.

Good to know you have soldered it it should work good. If you don want to replace the top which is the part of the broken switch you can buy a wireless mouse and that should do the job it must be under $10.

If you find the service of providing info was useful please take a moment to rate my service.

Thanks.

Moses C
Moses C
Moses C
Moses C