Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Logitech remote control for my tv, etc. I am a

I have a Logitech...

I have a Logitech remote control for my tv, etc. I am a little technology challenged. However, there are 3 devices controlled by the one Logitech remote. today, I was increasing the volume on the Logitech - it went quite a bit higher volume and locked down in place. No moving volume up or down, and the mute does not respond either. I must now change volume on TV itself. any ideas what I did?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

It is a tv remote control device

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

No not a computer issue, it is a tv remote

8/14/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please tell me what exactly is the model of your Logitech remote?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Harmony 520

Thank you for writing back with that information. Did you install this remote to your computer for management of its features?

I did not connect to computer

Do you want to connect it to the computer that you are using right now? Or do you want to just troubleshoot directly with the remote?

lets try to troubleshoot without connection first

Ok. Please give me a moment to pull out your remote's specification.

Ok, let us try to control your TV only and see if the remote can do it. Here are the steps:

1. At any time, press the DEVICES button to shift to Device Mode.
  2. Once in this mode, the Harmony remote will display a list of all the devices you have in your configuration.
  3. Please select your TV from the list and the Harmony remote will only control the TV.
  4. Now try pressing the Volume Up and Down buttons and see if it controls the TV volume this time
it does. that works

Thank you! Please make sure that you select the DEVICE that you want to control with your remote so that the buttons will control the selected device.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
thank you. what would a man do without his remote!

Hahaha! You're welcome! Thank you for the rating and for your patience as well!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess