Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Zwzz1-+ Lost power on password. Forgot power on password…

Customer Question
Lost power on password ...

Lost power on password

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

Forgot power on password

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
8/12/2017
Computer technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 11 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Whats the full name brand and model of your computer?

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

hp stream 14 laptop pc

Allright, and do you still have access to the email address you used when you set up the laptop?

If so, from another machine go to this link,

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

Once there , use the email address you used when you setup the computer, and reset the microsoft account password ***** that email address.

Then, use the new password ***** try and login to your computer. If that doesnt work, we will have to do a full reset on the computer, reinstalling windows.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.