Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have a custom built computer that the onboard lan thernet

I have a custom built computer that the onboard lan thernet adapter is going bad. I have already dowindows 10 fixes for it and does not work. My on board will connect on reboot but once ldisconnects will never make a new reconection. I want to put a New network adapter card in and get one that top of the line as this is a fast gaming computer. I have the Sabertooth p67 Motherboard with the B3 3.0 revision. What would you reccomend that $ 150.00 or below

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

What expansion slot is available on your motherboard now?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here is a picture I hope this helps

Thank you for your patience. It appears that your free slots are the PCI, PCIe x16 and PCIe x1.

Based on a huge number of positive reviews and better specifications as documented by the LAN card manufacturer, your best LAN card option for heavy gaming use is "Intel Gigabit CT PCI-E Network Adapter".

Here is the link from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Gigabit-Network-Adapter-EXPI9301CTBLK/dp/B001CY0P7G

If you prefer to have dual LAN part, this is recommended for gaming computers:

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-1000Mbps-Ethernet-RC-411-supported/dp/B00DODX5MA/

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess