Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I'm trying to save files from a Maxtor 4 plus external drive

Customer Question

I'm trying to save files from a Maxtor 4 plus external drive to a Mac
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: mac os Serra
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Terry White II replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be more than happy to assist you with your support request.

To provide better support for you in this matter, JustAnswer.com offers Secure Remote Assistance sessions, where I as your Technical Support Expert, would be able to view your screen and guide you through steps on your computer, in order to help troubleshoot and resolve the technical issue, or request you have.

Additionally, and per your approval, if you find it necessary, I can also take control of your mouse and keyboard functions (in the session only) and work to fix the issue for you.

If you find this acceptable, please feel free to reply back to this post and let me know.

However, if you prefer we continue in this chat session to work on troubleshooting your issue, please let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** forward to your response and helping you with your request.

Regards,

TD

"TheMacTechTrainer"