Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How can I get rid of the Brightness 100 popup that keeps…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get rid of the Brightness 100 popup that keeps popping up and won't go away

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Monitor is a Samsung. My son in law gave it to me so I don't know how old it is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been going on for about a month. Then it stopped but now it is back all of the time. Online it said to go to settings and change resolution. I am afraid of doing that

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/9/2017
Computer technician: Louie, Hardware technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Hardware technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Samsung monitor

SyncMaster910T

Yes on the phone call soon as the system has cleared the "Status: ... failure"
Can you please check on your end?
...and contact Customer Service?

And a second "Status: ... failure"

I guess we will need to do this via email
Where do I find the model number on my Samsung monitor?
Computer technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 11 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

does the monitor work other than having that pop up ?

if so that is just a warning that the brightness level is set all the way up

you should be able to adjust that using the menu on the monitor itself.

that is there should be a physical menu button on the monitor that will pop up a menu and you can scroll through that using other buttons on the monitor till you get to brightness and select that and the use the buttons to lower it and then accept the lower setting.