Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Replaced a dead drive and now all I get is Lenovo ix2-dl Not

Customer Question

Replaced a dead drive and now all I get is
Lenovo ix2-dl Not ReadyYour device is in an inconsistent state because the original drives were replaced. You can either put the original drives back or perform a factory reset to erase all existing data and use the new drives. To perform a factory reset you must first clear the administrator password ***** pressing the reset button on the back of the device.
JA: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?
Customer: No, thats the problem, the NAS does not appear on the network but I can access the IP with a web page and get that message
JA: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?
Customer: yes, get the same message. When I replaced the drive I received an email that a drive had been replaced and it was rebuilding. During the night it sent an email that the rebuild was complete and it was ready to use.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am proficient at networking and comms, ran my own tech support for 15 years. I need the data from this NAS, which is why I purchased it.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Kris Rodgers replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris