Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Am attempting to install Magic .. Help. magicjackgo, just

Customer Question

am attempting to install Magic Jack .. Help.
JA: What magicJack model do you have?
Customer: magicjackgo
JA: How long has this been going on with your magicJackGo? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just got it. am wanting to connect to computer. Have connected diretly to phone line but not sure if I use att nodem? watched video but still confused not too computer smarts....
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just want it to work and I gather I can go to app and make my iPhone work also... I have two iphones with two separate numbers
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want to connect to my computer but have only two USB ports which are very close together. If MagicJack is plugged in, I cannot use the other port. Do I have to get something special to accommodate this issue? when it says plug into phone, does that mean plug into a phone line? I have a land line coming from the wall outlet but picture says do not plug directly into wall so can I use line that is coming from wall?
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer. I am Kumar and I'll assist you today. Please allow me sometime to go through your issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
have I connected with MagicJack or not???
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Let me answer all your concerns.

MagicJack Go can be used without a computer as well. So, if you have an issue connecting you system, you can connect to the PLUG that has been provided to connect to your MagicJackGo.

Alternatively, you might have to buy an USB Hub. You may go to the below link to buy one.

https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UM43/dp/B00JX1ZS5O/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501886173&sr=1-2&keywords=USB+divider

Thanks, Kumar

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My device does not need fixing, I just wanted to connect to MagicJack but perhaps I am not connected
to the right place for assistance. Ok Thank you.
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Regarding your next questions, MagicJackGo has two ports. One goes to the Router or Modem. The other one goes to the Landline. You'll have to connect your landline to MagicJackGo and Proceed with installation.

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Okay. What issues are you facing?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Please do let me know if you face any issues. As far as I understand MagicJack, the installation is very simple. I had once. You may refer to the below video to provide you necessary guidance.

Please note, you can use MagicJack with and without a computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDOcATotGjY

Please let us know if you have any concerns. Please spare sometime to rate my service.

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Please let us know in case you need any further assistance. Please do confirm if you were satisfied with our service.

Also, please rate and accept.

Thank,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Kumar

Expert:  P. Kumar replied 2 months ago.

Please do let us know if we were able to solve your issue. Please do rate our service.

Thanks,

Kumar