Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

All of a sudden I can't access my external hard drive. The

Customer Question

All of a sudden I can't access my external hard drive. The computer says it's working okay but I can't open it. At one point it said that a 2.0 won't work on a 3.0 port, but it's the same port I've been using since I got this computer. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting it to the computer but I still can't open it to access my files.
JA: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?
Customer: I have a shortcut on the desktop
JA: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?
Customer: Yes, on two other computers as well, I connected it to my tablet and it said it was corrupted.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything at the moment.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell me what type of drive it is please?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you still require assistance by responding here and I will reply back as soon as possible.

Expert:  QCIHDTM replied 2 months ago.

I may be able to help you with this...please let me know when you are back online