Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My I-pad only shows a screen. Cannot change screen no matter…

Customer Question
My I-pad only shows...

My I-pad only shows a white screen. Cannot change screen no matter what I do.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

IPad mini

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
7/29/2017
Computer technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the version of your ipad and when did this start?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mini iPad. Just happened

Try this for me and reply back.

Do all of these in order even if you have tried them before. If it comes on, stop there.

Method 1. Press Several Buttons Together

Hold the "Home" button and "Power" button simultaneous for a few seconds to wait until the Apple logo comes up on the screen, and then your iPhone/iPod/iPad is rebooted.

Method 2. Using iTunes

• Open iTunes on computer and plug in your iPhone/iPod/iPad.
  • Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button both down for about 10 seconds.
  • After that, release "Sleep/Wake" button, and keep holding the "Home" button until a message saying "iTunes has discovered an iPhone (iPod touch or iPad) in recovery mode, you must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes" pops up.
  • Click the device icon in the left pane, and then click Summary. Find the "Restore Backup" under Backups section, and pick up a file to restore your device.

Method 3. Simple trick.

• The light sensor may lead to the "White Screen of Death". You can go to Settings and turn off auto brightness option.
  • You could use three fingers at the same time to double tap on the write screen.