Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Second opinion] my desk top at first came on and went to the

Customer Question

Second opinion] my desk top at first came on and went to the default for shut down and kept repeating the 30 second count down to do a complete check before restarting. I click start normal and the screen just went blank. I shot down by the power button several times and kept getting the same results. I left the computer and later tried to start the computer and now all I get is you hear the fan and normal sound when it starts for about 5 seconds and shuts off and 5 about seconds later comes back on and all you hear is the fan running. I have tried to start the computer several times now and this is all I get.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will then reply to you. Thanks.

Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

sounds like the computer is either overheating or there is a fault with the motherboard or the Power supply is failing. To be honest there is a lot that could be causing this that you wouldn't be able to test to determine the cause.