Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My gateway nv79 will not power up. i get the red light that

Customer Question
blinks 5 times. JA: What's the...
my gateway nv79 will not power up. i get the red light that blinks 5 times.
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Gateway nv79c58u with Widows7
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had it for several years. I have removed the battery and ac plug, pressed the start button for 2 mins put everything back together and tried to restart no change
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Several years using it
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
7/14/2017
Computer technician: Russell H., Computer Repairer replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Repairer

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Try removing the battery, and running it solely on AC Adapter power. That might allow it to start up, if it is the battery light that is flashing 5 times.

If you have a different battery to swap in to the Gateway laptop, try a different battery also.

Or at least try re-seating the battery firmly, then try to power On again.

This 5-flash problem seems to be a power circuitry issue with Gateway laptops of this type.

Let me know how it goes, and I will help you further as needed. And if this answers your question in full, please rate my answer. Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Repairer