Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have a Iomega Zip drive model Z100P2 and I need a driver

Customer Question

I have a Iomega Zip drive model Z100P2 and I need a driver to use it on my Mac with OS Sierra 10.12.5. Can you please help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Macboook pro 2016. OS Sierra 10.12.5
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: only system updates
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to assist you.

Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Also please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

after a lot of research over the past hour, I can confirm that this drive was never designed to be used with a mac and there are no drivers available. Sorry for the bad news.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok That is disappointing. I did have a Zip drive originally that worked on my Mac. maybe it was a different model.It is broken nowThanks for trying anyway.
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry for the bad news