arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  3 Years of experience in the field of Computer Hardware Troubleshooting
50085326

I just purchased a larger monitor for my computer but my

I just purchased a larger monitor for my computer but my hopes what that it would increased the viewable areas of a web page. Instead, it just made the screen larger. This is relatively simple issue, I believe. It could be an adjustment of the current screen settings or I may need a special type of computer. I am a designer and need to see as much of the page as possible. Your help is appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, do you have an answer to this?

Which browser are you using?

Also you can try holding down Ctrl key and tap the - key twice.
You can use the same combination again if you want to get a more viewing area.
Also the combination for reversing this process is Ctrl++

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It shouldn't be browser specific. I am trying to extend the screen even when I am in programs that do not use a browser, design programs for example.

You need a bigger screen resolution for that.
Bigger screen resolution means better graphics processor which in turn means you need a good graphics card, if you don't have one. What is the model no of your computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have an HP Envy x380. I know a graphics card helps with the quality of an image but why would that have anything to do with what is displayed on the screen?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When trying to expand the screen

Is it Envy x380 or X360?

Is it a laptop or desktop?

If you hook up the monitor, you will get the same viewing area as you hav now, but will be bigger since you have a bigger monitor. But if you need more viewing space, the computer should be able to process much more pixels which means better graphics processor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
you are saying that I need to buy a computer with a better graphics processor.

If you are using a desktop, you can add a new graphics card to it. Did you check the maximum resolution the computer can support?

Also i didn't get the correct model no of the computer to check the graphics card