Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer
Experience:  21 years troubleshooting PC/Server/Hardware/Printer and Network
21913621

I just activated my new MagicJack Go. I'm supposed to get a

Customer Question

I just activated my new MagicJack Go. I'm supposed to get a free number change with that, but the opportunity never appeared. My only choice was to pay ten dollars. Okay. But I tried that and there was no place to "send" or "place order" or finalize that order. So either way, I have no number for that. And with that, there was no phone service. So I unplugged the new jack and plugged in my existing jack that should work with my account until tomorrow, when it expires. However I could access no phone service with that jack. Further, I am supposed to get the number I selected, with the last few numbers assigned to me. Nothing happened about that, so even if I did have a dial tone, I have no new phone number .. whether I end up paying for it or not.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?
Customer: Levono. H4 Series. I've had MagicJack service for several years.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think not. Oh, should I unplug my old jack and re-plug in the new one now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 1 month ago.

There are lengthy processes that you can go through in an attempt to resolve this, but I have seen the attempts themselves wind up causing multiple charges appear on your card or bank account that have to be refunded later. You can avoid that by calling the direct line and speaking with a live person. DO NOT call the 800 number, as they are only interested in billing. The number you need to call is(###) ###-#### You will need your confirmation message email, your old phone number, and the one that you want. This is the easiest and fastest way to accomplish this without running the risk of incurring more charges on your card. They will get you through this within 30 minutes, and then within 24 hours your number should be completely sorted.

Please let me know if you run into problems with this, as I have no problem being on this phone call WITH you on a conference call. However, regardless of any process that you have found in the troubleshooting forums, this phone call is the absolute fastest way to resolve your problem.