Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I just got a sandick chip and it saw good when I got and now

Customer Question
it telling me it needs...
I just got a sandick chip and it saw good when I got and now it telling me it needs to be formated
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: a toshba
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: on and I have a sandisk mp3 player
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: how can I fix my chip with out getting anther
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer Hardware
5/9/2017
Computer technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is it saying reformatted or it needs to be formatted?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Also, what is the capacity of the card, and are you using a card reader or hooking the camera directly to the computer?

Toshiba with my sandisk mp3 player window7

Are you inserting the sd card directly into your pc and it is asking you to format?

Not sure what you meant by mp3 player

I was running through my mp3 player

Also, have you copied everything from that SD card that you need? This will wipe it:

Backup all your data before formatting. Formatting will erase all data on the memory device.

Formatting your memory device:
1. Double-click My Computer, or Computer (for Vista and Win7)
2. Right-click the drive letter associated with your memory device, then select Format
(in the sample image below, we right-clicked on H:).

WARNING: Make sure you select the correct drive letter.

3. Select a File system type.
- FAT
- FAT32
- exFAT

4. Ensure "Quick Format" is checked

5. Click Start.

How did you have your mp3 player connected to your computer? I am confused. Did you use a usb

to run the mp3 player to the pc? Does your pc have the capability to insert the sd card directly?

The information on the SD card was factory

Ok, did you follow the steps above to format that card?

Remember, you need to know it will wipe it clean of anything you had on it.

The steps sent were for your windows 7.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I had the mp3 connected to the pc l have used this all the time

I need you to please answer the questions i send.

How did you have your mp3 player connected to your computer?

Did you use a usb to run the mp3 player to the pc?

Does your pc have the capability to insert the sd card directly?

If it does, we may be able to save any info on that sd card. If not, please follow the directions

i sent you to format the sd card.

With on and it worked on pr

Im sorry, what?

With on and it worked on pr?

Can we talk on the phone

I will open this up to an expert who has that capability.

Computer technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 6 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

i will be happy to speak with you on the phone and can even log into your computer remotely if you choose

Robert M., Consultant