Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

How do I use the camera? when I am taking pics a

Customer Question

how do I use the camera? when I am taking pics a semi-circular screen pops up with numbers on it. what is it for?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Lenovo ideapad miix 300-101by. the one that you can take the screen off and use as a tablet
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I really only bought the unit to take pics and play games when on a trip. I am extremely computer dumb
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  ChrisC replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like the screen you're talking about allows you to adjust the camera aperture. Do some of the numbers have pluses next to them, and some of them have minuses?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just turned the unit on and of course it won't put those circles on the screen now. I am on my main computer now to type this. the camera screen on my tablet rite now in upper left corner has a icon like mountains, rite side has icon w/3 dots, icon above the camera button which I think mite b for video and one below that I think is for panorama. these circles don't always come on when I take pics. last time I took a lot of pics they came on and then when I went to review the pics later I had nothing somehow I lost all of them.
I also would like to know how I can get updates on the tablet. as I said originally I am computer ignorant and to add to the problem I bought this unit here in mexico and do not read Spanish well. any suggestion you can give me to improve my photo taking will be appreciated as that was one of the main reasons I bought the unit.
Expert:  ChrisC replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm no longer near my computer and am replying on my phone. What I'll need to do is opt out of the question and open it up to other Experts so that someone else can assist you.

You should be notified when there's another reply.