Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I have a samsung 3185 printer that has a paper jam 2

Customer Question

I have a samsung 3185 printer that has a paper jam 2 problem. I have followed the instructions for removing the paper jam that are shown at the samsung site and I have found the jam. However, I can't "gently coax" the paper out. It is folded up like a fan in the jam area and if I pull any more I will simply tear the paper and not remove the jam. I'm trying to figure out where to go from here.
JA: When did you purchase your Samsung? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I inherited the printer from my brother after he died. As i wrote previously I followed the instructions at this site: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=467250&modelname=CLX-3185FW&modelcode=&session_id=YnBLS3631JTZhVQHDGHb1vSLsq2dp1q8XYj4bXL7yqpLplpqQNvT%21682365603%21-2005789115%211483194635563&from_osc=&homeid=14749
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Regardless of tearing the paper or not, we still have to get the paper out and the only way is to pull it out.

You may try going in from another way and pulling it out that way. Where exactly is it jammed at?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Printer: Samsung clx-3185
Problem: paper jam 2
I followed the instructions At the Samsung site for clearing paper jam 2. The jam is in the paper exit part of the printer at the top of the printer. I can see the paper jam and I have partially pulled out the paper but I stopped pulling the paper because it is starting to tear. The issue seems to be that the paper is folded up like a fan. I got part of it unfolded but can't seem to get the remainder of the sheet unfolded or out. I think if I pull more I will just tear the sheet off and leave the jam in the printer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also between the time I contacted the answer site and texting with you, I contacted Samsung customer support. We talked for about 25 minutes (I followed various troubleshooting instructions) and he wound up telling me that it sounded like I would need to get a Samsung technician to remove the jam

If you don't feel comfortable pulling the jammed paper out, then that would be your next step. If ever you are not sure or don't feel comfortable, that is always what should be done. Good luck to you!

There should be no charge for this since we didn't resolve it. Have a happy new year!