Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My hp Office Jet 4620 will not print. I have changed the

Customer Question
cartridge to no avail. The...
My hp Office Jet 4620 will not print. I have changed the cartridge to no avail. The pages roll out blank, although this machine has worked without a glitch in the past. Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
11/8/2016
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please check your newly installed ink cartridges? Please check if you removed the plastic cover in the ink cartridges that you just installed. If those plastic covers were not removed, the cartridge cannot dispense ink for printing.
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed the plastic cover. I have changed these things many times, so I'm not unfamiliar with the drill. But you should also know that before I installed this new cartridge, I was having the problem of no printing with the old cartridge. With the old one, I was getting a partial top line on each page. Now that has stopped all together. I have also cleaned the new cartridge in accordance with the directions.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.

Have you already performed the cleaning of the Print Head using the printer utility or tool?

Also, have you also checked if you have vented and unclogged the individual ink cartridges?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you really think that you can solve this problem remotely?

No, this cannot be solved through remote access since the problem lies with the printer, not with the computer.

Please check this image:

http://support.hp.com/doc-images/770/c04216507.gif

Then please kindly check your individual ink cartridges to see if their vents are UNCLOGGED.

Russell H., Computer Repairer