Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I have a new logitech remote and it is not working. I have 2

Customer Question
actually. checked batteries. Not working...
i have a new logitech remote and it is not working. I have 2 actually. checked batteries. Not working on my new laptop or my pc
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: laptop is dell inspiron
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: think latest but how do i check. lap top brand new - has office 2016
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: where do i check for windows version
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/31/2016
Computer technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

What is the model of the Logitech remote please?

You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't see the model on the remote easily...looks like G oou14
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no please cancel this order - not liking the process, popups

I am sorry about those, they are only optional additional service offers in case you need them.

Try a reboot of the remote by pressing and holding the Off button at the top of the remote for approximately 15 seconds.

If this does not resolve the issue we recommend performing a factory reset of your remote, then downloading your configuration again using the MyHarmony desktop software.

1. Press and hold both the Menu button (located above Channel Up) and the Off button for approximately 20 seconds. You will see a remote with a circular arrow.
  2. Sign into your account using the desktop software.
  3. Connect the remote to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
  4. Select your remote from the Remote Gallery.
  • Harmony Ultimate One or Touch: Press Sync in the upper right corner.
  • Harmony Elite or Ultimate: Press Remote and hub troubleshooting.

did that work for you?

Russell H., Computer Repairer