Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Just upgraded to Windows 10, but its not recognizing my 1.5

Customer Question
TB Iomega External HD Model...
Just upgraded to Windows 10, but its not recognizing my 1.5 TB Iomega External HD Model # LPHD-UP3
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP envy
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I'm also having a problem with sending email from my outlook 2007. Went through all of the settings, but still cannot receive email, but I can send email.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
10/20/2016
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you connect it to a different usb port on the computer and tell me please if it is then detected

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
give me a second.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thanks. It is not working on my other USB port. However, know the USB ports are working because I have another device connected which Windows is detecting.

Thanks

Can you right click on the windows start button bottom right and click on Disk Management

Do you then see the disk listed there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You there?

yes, still waiting on the results of the instructions I gave you

are you still working with me on this?

The instructions will only take a minute to do, and it has been 20 minutes since you replied to the instructions with "you there?"

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent the response to your instructions prior to my last reply.

Sorry only thing received from you is "you there"

I will repeat what I am waiting on you to do

Do you then see the disk listed there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, I just receive your new instructions. You sent your first instructions at 8:27, I responded at 8:33.

Nothing has been received.... can you please just respond to the instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, it is not listed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I need drivers from Iomega or Microsoft, which will make the HD compatible with Windows 10, but can't find Iomega website. Are they out of business?

Can you power off the computer and disconnect the drive
Remove the power cable and then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Power on the computer and when windows has loaded, then connect the drive and tell me if it is connected

USB drives all use the windows drivers built in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you want me to disconnect the power cable, then power up the computer using the battery power only?

No just that, but the full instructions I gave

I will repeat

power off the computer and disconnect the drive

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, this will take several minutes.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, that didn't work. Still not detecting the HD.

Do you have another computer available there?

ok, connect it to that computer, is it being detected on that one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but that computer is running Windows 7

Thanks

Now connect it back up to the other computer

Right click Start, and choose Device manager

Tell me if you see any devices listed under Other Devices or with a ! next to it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only ! I see is next to the Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver. Okay, I've got to get to work now. I'll have to figure out something later. I'm out of time now.

ok, when you are back, right click on Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver

Select uninstall, reboot and tell me if the drive is detected please.

Russell H., Computer Repairer