Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.
59725966

I have several devices for my music from Marantz, Papamax

Customer Question

Good morning: I have several devices for my music from Marantz, Papamax and my Sony TV # XBR-7-X850B:Ultra HD. I am looking for the most simply remote for all devices. The price is not the issue . I am very unexperienced in this kind of stuff. So I need something for "dummies".
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Apple MaxBook Air
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Update for the Apple? No, but if you want I will find out.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello Juergen,

There are many remotes on the market, from basic to complex, which can control your devices.

The programming part is the most complicated, so a more advanced remote is actually better for you as they are more easily programmed, by connecting to a computer and using simple software. The programming is then just a matter of entering the model number of your devices into the software.

Here is a model I'd suggest for you: http://amzn.to/2eN6lPc

It comes with a remote, but also with a "blaster" device which can be used if you have your equipment in a closet or closed cabinet. You can also use a harmony app on an iphone or ipad to operate the functions of your system through that blaster. If you happen to have an amazon echo device, you can even set it up to control your devices just by speaking to it, such as "alexa, play dvd) for example.

I can help you through the setup process or even do it for you remotely, if needed.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?