Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

New Win10 laptop can't detect connected hdmi monitor, yet my

Customer Question
New Win10 laptop can't detect...
New Win10 laptop can't detect connected hdmi monitor, yet my other computers detect it fine.
There are no warning icons in device manager.
I've searched online but can't find an answer that works.
also, how do I remap my Fn key? (I already tried sharpkeys, but it can't see that key)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/30/2016
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you do the following please

Unplug the HDMI monitor as well as the actual plug on the monitor itself.

Then plug in the hdmi cable into the computer, then plug the other end into the monitor

Does it then show up?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

no

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

If you disconnect the monitor from the computer, do you see No Signal appear on the monitor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
says no signal in both cases
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;no signal" when connected.. and "Check signal cable" when not

ok, connect it to the computer

Right click on an empty section of the desktop, then select Display Settings.

How many screens are listed there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
these were steps I'd done already

ok, click Detect, does another then show?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already gave you that info

No, none of the steps I provided were specified by you as being done, but no problem, I am opting out of working with you further, you do not need to do anything, you will be contacted when another expert takes over.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Moderator

Please close this question.

Current expert refuses to participate on JustAnswer.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Relist: Answer quality.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
system is not letting me close this question.
Computer technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

If you still need help with this problem, may I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
by chat

Okay, another will continue with you. I offered the remote as a favor to you, being that you were having such difficulties.

Russell H., Computer Repairer