Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I'm sharing a printer from one desk top to the other ever

Customer Question
For Jason Jones only, I'm...
For Jason Jones only, I'm sharing a printer from one desk top to the other ever since I put a windows PW, can't share the printer anymore. only way to share it is that I have to click on the desktop on network page and input the user name and PW. but when I reboot the computer, then I have to repeat this again. Is there a way to keep sharing without inputting user name and PW every time reboot?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
8/12/2016
Computer technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

May I remote in once more and fix this for you?

- Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
send me the link

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 55 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I ran the link you gave me. Are you coming?

I am connected.

All is working now.

In the future, if you wish to work with me, Jason Jones, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For Jason Jones Only!"

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jason, Thanks for trying but when I reboot the computer and tested, the share printer gets disconnected again. I have to reconnect the network by putting user name and PW all over again to make it work. So I tried to remove the PW from Senri's computer and tested it but now it's still asking for User name and PW. If I leave blank, won't accept. Weird. Please advise.

I am very sorry to hear that. I will be out for the next few days and I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Computer technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question. Let me know when you're available, I'd like to take a stab at this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hy Byron, I'm ready

Thank you. From your computer, please click the link below (after reading this). On the new page, click the green I Agree button and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Run or Open. If Windows asks, Allow changes to be made. When the file has loaded we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=58303004-776d-4ff4-bbb6-0a2defcd225c

Having trouble getting connected?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can please you do it for $10 or give me instruction if not so hard?

I didn't ask for more money. Disregard any pop up and get me connected.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oh thanks. How do we get connected?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the amount shows as $39 if click the securely connect button??

Don't click on it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then how do we get connected?

You still available?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but have been waiting for your instruction to connect with you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Byron, I'm still waiting for your instruction to get you connected. Don't you have to give me a link for remote connection?

OK. I need to connect to the computer that wants to connect TO the shared printer.

From that computer, please click the link below (after reading this). On the page that opens after you click the link below, click the green I Agree button toward the bottom of the page, and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Run or Open. If Windows asks, Allow changes to be made. When the file has loaded we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=859dd930-caa8-4cfb-8581-b6ceccd16115

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Byron, so the connection was bad?

It was but I was connected to see that what I was going to try had already been done. I'm out of ideas on this

but maybe one of the other experts will have another idea.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thanks
Computer technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Do you still require assistance with this problem? If so, I can assist you.

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please

Hello again!

I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can assist you directly.

Are you available now? If not, let me know when is the best time for you.

Regards,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you still require assistance, since you haven't replied to my last message.

Let me know,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist