Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

After an electrical storm knocked our power, my printer no

Customer Question

After an electrical storm knocked our power, my printer no longer works. How can I fix it?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Mike_G2010 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Mike G and I'll be assisting you. I'm an electrician and would suggest you test the outlet it's plugged into. If the outlet is dead I'll continue with you. If it is working I'll hand the question off to a computer expert.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the lights came back on the printer made noises and apparently reset. When I tried to use it, it fed the paper through but the text did not print. It apparently needs a reload of some kind. But I can't make it print words.
Expert:  Mike_G2010 replied 1 year ago.

OK, stand by for a computer expert. Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The electrician said he would refer me to someone who could help since he could not. I'm waiting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have my number. If I don't get a call, please don't charge me for this interaction.