Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I 't have the vowels on my keyboard most of the time: no a e

Customer Question
I don't have the vowels...
I don't have the vowels on my keyboard most of the time: no a e i o u y nor backspace and often certain numbers. Right now it is behaving, but usually I have to go to the on screen keyboard.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: Surface Pro 2, type cover with backlight. I've had the problem for a year.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Computer Technician should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
6/1/2016
Computer technician: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. I had the same type of problem with my Surface. There is no repair for this other than replacing the keyboard. What I would recommend is the mechanical type keyboard similar to the one at this LINK. The type you have and the problems you are experiencing, is either due to the membrane under the keys failing or there is an occasional stuck key, like possibly the ctrl key causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no information about warranty. Meanwhile it seems I have solved it by updating drivers.
Dan, Computer Support Specialist