Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Repairing computers for over 15 years
32989067

I was reading tips and thought the speech activation looked

Customer Question

i was reading tips and thought the speech activation looked cool and turned it on - not sure how - but i am locked out of m iPad- help!
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the iPad asking you for a pin to unlock the screen? Or your Apple ID Password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is asking for my password, but does not acknowledge it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.Then let it restart and tell me if it then accepts it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not sure what the problem is here?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I gave a set of instructions to you to do Debbie, did you complete this? What was the results? If you missed it, I repeated it below againcan you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.Then let it restart and tell me if it then accepts it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It shows me you have responded, but i cannot open my iPad to see it. it is talking, but not accepting any response from me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did turn it off and when i turned it back on nothing had changed, except that it is talking to me, but will not accept my response.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the instructions where not to turn if off Debbie, ill repeat them for youcan you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.Then let it restart and tell me if it then accepts it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it gives me the option to turn it off, but no apple icon.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You keep both buttons held until you see the apple logo please