Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

I was reading tips and thought the speech activation looked

Customer Question
cool and turned it on...
i was reading tips and thought the speech activation looked cool and turned it on - not sure how - but i am locked out of m iPad- help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
5/24/2016
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Computer Specialist
Hi there and welcomeIs the iPad asking you for a pin to unlock the screen? Or your Apple ID Password?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is asking for my password, but does not acknowledge it.
Ok, can you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.Then let it restart and tell me if it then accepts it please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am not sure what the problem is here?
I gave a set of instructions to you to do Debbie, did you complete this? What was the results? If you missed it, I repeated it below againcan you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.Then let it restart and tell me if it then accepts it please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It shows me you have responded, but i cannot open my iPad to see it. it is talking, but not accepting any response from me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did turn it off and when i turned it back on nothing had changed, except that it is talking to me, but will not accept my response.
ok, the instructions where not to turn if off Debbie, ill repeat them for youcan you hold the home and power buttons for about 10 seconds until you see an Apple Logo, then release.Then let it restart and tell me if it then accepts it please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it gives me the option to turn it off, but no apple icon.
You keep both buttons held until you see the apple logo please
Richard, Computer Specialist