Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Can I use my Maxtor Central Axis storage device with my ATT

Customer Question

Can I use my Maxtor Central Axis storage device with my ATT wireless gateway system?
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
????? What is going on??? I just registered and my initial password ***** and I entered a new password ***** it fails to work??? What is happening????
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Im very sorry your password ***** ***** working.What website or Account is the password *****?.Secondly.....what is the MAKE and MODEL of the computer you are using? The software needed and instructions for setting up the MCAS (Maxtor Central Axis Storage) are specific to Windows or for Mac (Apple) so i have to know which you are using..I also need to know more about the ATT gateway device.....make and model please. Or find it online and show me the link to the page.So i can pull the manual and let you know if it will work or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To QUIKSILVER 07070Using a HP laptop---model HPdv4 1547ab. I use the default OS that came with laptop--- Windows 7 pro
ATT gateway is the model 3801HGVThis is all the information I can find on units.Sorry did not have time yesterday to supply this information...very busy on this end.
Will have more time to check email today and return if additional information needed.
Thanks, Larry
T]hank you for that information, and there was just one thign you left out......For WHAT website or account is the password *****?.I also think maybe it would be best if I connected to your computer to REALLY see what is going on, which woudl save us both a LOT of typing and head scrathcing.This gets RIGHT to the issue, and leaves no room for misunderstanding.This would be the best option for you.When would you be ready to do this....as it will probably take 30-60 minutes to complete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I try to use the information first and IF I cannot get it to function as you have laid out , can I get back with you and have you work with me to make it happen? If not at this time what would be the charges and time frame to have you work with me later? I have work hard all day and I can hardly keep awake tonight and tomorrow is already taken. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I will be on the road so the earliest I will be able to apply your instructions will be next Thursday morning.
Thank you for your assistance. Larry N
Absolutely....go ahead and do the tasks......when you need help come on back for help..I will help you until it is resolved!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You... Larry