Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Got an external floppy drive that i cant get to open JA: Sometimes

Customer Question
got an external floppy drive...
got an external floppy drive that i cant get to open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: says it may not be formatted
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
4/19/2016
Computer technician: michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.let me know when you are ready.What is the operating system you have on the computer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
windows 8
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Connect the floppy drive to the usb port and then open my computer folder. Let me know once you are there.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i do not want remote tech support
not a problem you can close the remote offer and continue on this chat.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my computer folder?
yes that is correct.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i opened the one with the floppy drive and it says working properly
Insert a floppy disk and try to read it if you have a data floppy and if you want to write data to a floppy disk you will have to format it first and then you can save it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have a floppy with pics on it
try to browse the disk and then double click to open it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the disc media is not recognized may need formatting
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is what i get when i put disc in
This error comes up when the disk was not saved in Fat32 or NTFS format you will need an xp computer to read the disk as the xp has a file format of Fat (File allocation table) format.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
so you cant help me
If you try to read a file created in old format it will not read it in a new format.Floppy disks was obsolete at the year 2000. I am telling you the fact how ti can be read.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok im done
Let me know if you have any question further i would be more than glad to answer you.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
michelleclive
michelleclive