michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Science(Hons)
26798893

Got an external floppy drive that i cant get to open JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

got an external floppy drive that i cant get to open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: says it may not be formatted
JA: Anything else I can tell the Computer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.let me know when you are ready.What is the operating system you have on the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Connect the floppy drive to the usb port and then open my computer folder. Let me know once you are there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not want remote tech support
not a problem you can close the remote offer and continue on this chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my computer folder?
yes that is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i opened the one with the floppy drive and it says working properly
Insert a floppy disk and try to read it if you have a data floppy and if you want to write data to a floppy disk you will have to format it first and then you can save it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a floppy with pics on it
try to browse the disk and then double click to open it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the disc media is not recognized may need formatting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is what i get when i put disc in
This error comes up when the disk was not saved in Fat32 or NTFS format you will need an xp computer to read the disk as the xp has a file format of Fat (File allocation table) format.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so you cant help me
If you try to read a file created in old format it will not read it in a new format.Floppy disks was obsolete at the year 2000. I am telling you the fact how ti can be read.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok im done
Let me know if you have any question further i would be more than glad to answer you.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.