Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

DO I NEED TO SAVE ANYTHING WHEN REPLACING THE DRAM ON MY

Customer Question

DO I NEED TO SAVE ANYTHING WHEN REPLACING THE DRAM ON MY 2007 IMAC FROM 1GB TO (4GB KIT)/
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

No, there is no need for you to save or backup your data before installing your new RAM kit. All your personal data are stored in the hard disk drive and what you are replacing or installing is the memory only. It will not affect the hard disk drive.

So just turn off your iMac and do the installation of the new DRAM kit. If the installation of the memory is successful, then your system has increased memory for better performance.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess