Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

Can someone help me with a Driver Samsung SyncMaster 305T

Customer Question

Hi can someone help me with a Driver for a Samsung SyncMaster 305T 30in Monitor? I have upgraded my work station to Windows 7, 64bit, Nvidia Quadro M4000 machine and I cant get any better than 1280 x 800 Resolution. I was running 2540 x 1900 with my old Windows 7 based workstation.
Look forward to your comments, Cheers, Karl
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Hi Karl! My name is ***** ***** I am an independent computer professional who has been paired with you via JustAnswer.com.

The Samsung SyncMaster 305T should not require any drivers to enable 2560x1600 resolution. In order to display at the higher resolution, you would only need: 1) a video card which can handle DisplayPort MultiMode, and 2) a dual-link DVI cable. Since all was working fine under Windows 7 (x86), I'd have to assume there are no issues there!

I would guess, then, that the problem is actually with the drivers for the video card (I checked to be sure, and this video card DOES handle DP MultiMode just fine, with proper driver support). Would you please try this driver for your video card to see if it makes a difference?:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/98686/en-us

Our work here is a collaborative effort, so please let me know what happens and we'll keep working till you're satisfied!

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Hi Karl: I'm just checking back in to see if my previous suggestion to reinstall your video card drivers helped to resolve this issue, or whether you were still having problems achieving full resolution on your SyncMaster 305T? Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response Eric, I have been out of the office on site for the last couple of days. I will try the Nvidia Video card driver tomorrow and see if that resolves the issue.
Cheers
Karl
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Karl! I know you've been busy, but wondered if you'd had the chance to reinstall the Nvidia drivers and see if that helped with your monitor resolution issue at all?