Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

RISO EZ220u Digital Duplicator error code A-01-201. Master…

Customer Question
RISO EZ220u Digital Duplicator error code...
RISO EZ220u Digital
Duplicator error code A-01-201. Master roll is loaded properly
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/5/2016
Computer technician: yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst replied 2 years ago
yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst

sounds like a bad sensor that is near the "master gate". Do you know how to test a sensor?

We visually checked the sensors, but did not test. Our staff repair guy can replace parts, but tell us what we have to do to test the sensor and a part number if it is bad. Have never had any error codes except jams etc.
What would cause a sensor to fail? We cleaned the sensor eye with isopropyl alcohol, but they appeared clean and the wipe did not make any difference. It fails to make a new master and the error code appears

Im gathering the diagrams of sensor that should be checked. Any component can go bad overtime. There isnt anyone cause beside the abvious of sensor being hit during replacment ofa part. Pulling paper out from that area impoperly. Heat and cooling cycle it endures overtime etc.

Thanks. No parts were replaced, no paper jam. The Riso was used a few weeks ago, everything fine. It's on a cart. It was moved into a different area, moved back, plugged in, and as we said, it prints great. Just won't make a new master.
we just need to know if it's open?
Russell H., Computer Repairer