Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Apparent reason, my wireless keyboard lost connection and I…

Customer Question
For no apparent reason, my...
For no apparent reason, my wireless keyboard lost connection and I can't type anything. I used a plug in keyboard and it worked. I bought a new Logitech wireless keyboard and I cannot make my PC detect the device.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
3/2/2016
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using Windows 7, 8 or 10?

Also, what exactly is the model of your Logitech keyboard?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Windows 7. Logitech k750

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix your issues while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($26) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

I'd rather not. This can't be too difficult to fix. I've tried plugging the fob in different ports, still no success.

Thank you for writing back and I respect your decision about remote access.

Have you checked the SetPoint software installed on your computer to see if the keyboard is detected there?

it was unable to detect the keyboard
Btw, I'm at work now....my keyboard and computer is at home. But, I'd still like to know what to try that I have yet to try.
Incidentally.....as I stated earlier, I was using an identical keyboard and suddenly I couldn't type anything. I used a usb keyboard and I was able to type...so I thought I needed a new keyboard. I bought this same keyboard and I have the same problem.
I'm sure the old keyboard is probably fine, I just can't get my PC to recognize it.
I'm ready to return the wireless keyboard for a usb connected keyboard, unless you can decipher my problem.

Thank you for writing back with the information.

When you are at home with your keyboard, please do the following:

1. Check if the keyboard has batteries and if it is turned ON. Power on the keyboard to ensure it works.
  2. Make sure also that the small USB device, called the Unifying receiver is plugged in to the computer's USB port.
  3. Use the software installed on your computer to detect the keyboard and then pair it. Here is the link for a video procedures showing how to link your keyboard with the Unifying receiver using the installed software.
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/25228?product=a0qi00000069uiJAAQ

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess