Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a. New keyboard cover. I do not see a. Switch on the…

Customer Question
I have a. New keyboard...
I have a. New keyboard cover for ipad2. I do not see a. Switch on the side how o I get it to work again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
2/25/2016
Computer technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer. replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Can i have the make and model number of the keyboard please?

Keyboard case iPad Air 2 from Logitech is all I have
No on off switch that I can find
Bluetooth does not recognize because it says it is not turned on
Keyboard not turned on bluetooth is

Yeah, you need to set the ipad down in the case with the on/off button of the ipad at the top, the magnet on the bottom of the ipad is what is what turns on the keyboard, the keyboard is powered off of the ipad i believe.

This video might help explain it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qsJ9bi0LbU

Let me know if that does not work, i relize that is not the exact model of ipad, and with out the exact mode of the case, I had to do some guess work.

That's does not appear to be working Bluetooth is not recognizing the device

no lights at all on the keyboard?

No

Uh oh, i got it....the magnet on the ipad2 is only to make the screen turn on and off with some case covers, and its not in the same place it is on the ipad2 air, the case you have is specifically and only for the ipad 2air, not the ipad2. So there is no way to get this working, you should return the case/keyboards and look into other alternatives as far as keyboards go. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your help anyway

No problem. Please take the time to rate my service in the upper right of your screen, as i do this for a living!