Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Cant the ethernet on my verizon fios to connect to magic…

Customer Question
Cant the ethernet on...

Cant the ethernet on my verizon fios to connect to magic jack

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Thats just it. I conect the magic jack properly but the router isnt picking up theres anything plugged in.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
2/23/2016
Computer technician: Tim, Sr. Engineer. replied 2 years ago
Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Can you get the magic jack working directly with your computer so we know it works?

Probably a rule on the firewall causing this,

And which Magicjack is it?

i tried it on my computer and it works. however even when i plug it directly into the routers usb port it doesnt show up on the router as if anything is plugged in while at the magic jack the power light goes on. same for all 4 ethernet ports.
magic jack express. yes it must be something with the firewall.

It is. I can remote in so we can set it to the DMZ if you like

DId you want remote help?

I Need to go run an errand for about 15-20 minutes, and will be back to check on you. I believe all that needs to be done is have that magic jack placed inside the DMZ of the router.

Just let me know what parts you are stuck on, or if you need remote hands.

i'm back, let me know what help you need.

Russell H., Computer Repairer