How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Category: Computer Hardware
Satisfied Customers: 218
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
Type Your Computer Hardware Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1995 model Flightstick Pro; handbook says it's

Customer Question

I have a 1995 model Flightstick Pro; handbook says it's compatible with PS2.
I just picked-up a Sony Vaio tower PC running on Win 7.
I really love this joystick - I spent dozens of hours flying my F-5 all over the coutry;
IFR and VFR, making my own flight plans on "USA and flying and landing all over the USA.
Well, with this new (used) ''computer there aren't any cable ports that are the same size as the connector on the Joystick.
I'd like to keep using the joystik. What do I do - is there an adapter I could use, or do I have to buy a new joystick.
I have inserted a couple of photos to show what mine liiks like.
I think a game card may have come with the joystick and I left it in one of older computers. This Sony has three empty game ports. Would that help me towards keeping and using the Flightstick Pro?
Thanks. Customer
Cibolo, Texas 78108 (###) ###-####***@******.***.
I have photos of the joystick and the back of the CPU if you want to se what they look like.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing


Using Legacy hardware (1995 FlighStickPro) on a modern PC is not all that hard. But in some cases can be complicated.


YOu might get lucky and all you need is a adaptor (PS/2 to USB) but then again, you might need a PS/2 peripheral card for the advanced programability of the PS/2 port. After all this is not just a keyboard or a mouse....this is a joystick. Not too different than a keyboard or mouse, but different enough to require other components to run it.


First, i do need those images you said you have.

You can upload them right here to this chat session.....look for a Paperclip icon....maybe at the top of this chat, or just above where you type you responses.

Is the FlightStick still operational....when was the last time you used it, and it functioned 100% correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was 100% operational the last time I used it .. about 10 years ago..I assume it still works - I have upgraded computers several times since then. You are saying that I need to get a PS2 game card, and also maybe an adapter. I have to have a game card installed, right? That's a big investment, but I need to try it.
How do I cancel my account with you? The amount I an being charged is more than what I expected, and I don't wamt to get into any payment system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photos are on the way.
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago. im confused now.


Do you want to continue to have me help you, and then at the edn of me helping would accept my Answer, which would then in turn PAY me, which would then charge YOU.


So are you saying that this is too expensive, and you no longer want to proceed?

If so, let me know, so i don't give you any Answers, that you wouldn't want to pay for.


Or, are you saying you want me to give you the Answer to solve this joystick issue, and you are willing to pay for it, but any FUTURE questions you do not want, and want to cancel your membership AFTER this question?


Which is want to stop NOW, and incur NO charges?


you want to stop AFTER this ANSWER (pay for it) and THEN cancel your membership?