Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How do i take out the whammy bar of a logitech guitar to fix…

Customer Question
how do i take out...
how do i take out the whammy bar of a logitech guitar to fix it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
2/12/2016
Computer technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

What system is the guitar for?

Xbox 360, or Xbox One?

Playstation3, or Playstation4?

Wii, or WiiU?

Or is it for the computer?

xbox 360
i cant figure out how to get the silver piece that holds the whammy bar out i took the two screws out that i can see but there must be more ,because it wont lift out.
are you still there?

Sorry for the delay.....the whammy bar is connected to a POT (potentiameter) which is just a fancy way of saying a Variable Switch.

.

There isnt alot of documentation to go by.....so i had to take MINE apart.....but i broke it trying to take mine apart.

.

So im trying to find the best way to TELL you how to remove the WHAMMY BAR.

Its not as easy as you might think.

Its very hard for me to DESCRIBE to you how to remove the WHAMMY bar.

.

However, im going to try and use some pictures to illustrate. Coming up.

Unless you dont need the help anymore?

If you DO NOT need the help......please let me know. No need for me to compile the images, edit them and arrange them for you, if you dont need it.

im sorry you broke yours. i finally got in touch with the company and they said you can not disassemble them. its not made to. however you have not answered my question and showing me how to break mine wont help. i really dont think you would destroyed your $500 guitar for $26. if u would like to sell your broken one id like to buy it i will even give you my home phone number.(###) ###-####but im not paying $26 for the wrong answer. pictures of a broken one wont help.
Russell H., Computer Repairer