Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Why are in windows 8 and 10, the still laptop cam works

Customer Question
great, but when I go...
why are in windows 8 and 10, the still laptop cam works great, but when I go to a application like messenger or any other online application that permit video chat my image shows upside down?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
2/12/2016
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. When did this start to happen?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

when I loaded windows 8 and continued when I downloaded.
windows 10

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please do the following to test your web cam.

1. Open your web browser
  2. Go to the URL http://www.testmycam.net/
  3. In the small box there, allow the system to use or access your camera
  4. See then if the webcam is upside down or not

Keep me posted.

Jess