Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Logitech keyboard keeps on unsyncing to my iPad Air 2. It…

Customer Question
My Logitech keyboard keeps on...
My Logitech keyboard keeps on unsyncing to my iPad Air 2. It works temporarily when I turn it off and on, but then stops working again after 20 seconds. Any advice would be appreciated
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/27/2016
Computer technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

So a few things come to mind that MIGHT be causing this.

1. Low battery
  2. Strong Interfearence
  3. Failing or defective Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech)

So, to test each one lets start with the Battery.

Is it Fully charged? Does it have a battery indicator Light? How long was it charged for?

.

The interfearance can be solved by keeping the keyboard as close as possible to the iPad. If it is already as close as possible, try moving to a different location in your house or office, and see if the results are the same. If they are the same, then we can rule out the strong interfearance.

.

Leaving an option of a defective product. Has this keyboard always worked fine until today? Have you been able to pair this keyboard to a different bluetooth device (maybe an iphone or another laptop or something that you can pair a keyboard to) and it work properly? If the keyboard acts the same no matter which device you PAIR it to, and you have eliminated the above 2 possibilities....then i suggest you RETURN the keyboard to where it was purchased, and exchange it for a NEW one.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance, Thank you!

Computer technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask how old the keyboard and the iPad Air 2 is?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason