Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Looking to setup my samsung 6260FW to my wireless home

Customer Question
Hi, looking to setup...

Hi, looking to setup my samsung 6260FW to my wireless home network

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Long story but my gateway router died. I had problems getting the LAN setup - in the end I configured it with a IP via LAN cable

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
My Netgear WGR614 router died.
Previously I had my Samsung 6260FW printer setup with a set ip address (non DHCP)
I can't get it working again but I'd rather have it setup as a wireless connection
I should say I replaced the Netgear - the home network is up but not the printer
My machine is running XP - yes, I will upgrade later but need home networking running first
The wireless setup is not listed under the Network settings for the Sansung 6260FW printer
1/25/2016
Computer technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing your printer issues while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Hi Jess,I've been working with Samsung support.
Te problem is with the printer - there is no WLAN option in the setup menu.The problem is not resolved however Samsung support are still investigating.
Thank you for your response however I will not require your assistance today.Kind Regards
Jack Epsimos

Hi Jack,

Thank you for writing back with that update of your situation. I am glad that you are now working with Samsung to resolve the issue.

If you need assistance any time, just let me know.

Best regards,

Jess

Hi Jess,It turned out to be a problem with the printer software.
How do I cancel the support I paid for?
I do not require it.Regards
Jack

Hi Jack,

I am glad that your printer is now working. Indeed, I believe the software installer to be used must that be of the manufacturer's website since it will be the most updated source.

I suggest that you contact our customer service regarding the cancellation of your subscription. If you want to process a refund, here is the link:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

Thank you for using our service.

If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,

Jess