Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I'm stuck in Aptio setup utility and can not get out.

Customer Question
Hi I'm Angel. I'm stuck...
Hi I'm Angel. I'm stuck in Aptio setup utility and can not get out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Computer technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

It would probably be the most beneficial if we could speak over the phone to facilitate the timely transfer and gathering of information.

I am sending you a phone support offer at the lowest price point I can. Once you have accepted or rejected that offer Angel, we can continue.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

No thank you
Asus T100 series Notebook is what I'm trying to fix.

Ok.. I can try and walk you through the repair process via written communication only. Just expect that its going to take a bit longer and its not quite as efficient.

Let me begin by asking you a few questions.

1. What is the full name brand and model of your computer.
  2. How long ago did this issue start happening
  3. When you first power on the computer, do you see any error messages such as "media not detected "
  4. Is the computer making any beeping noises when you start it up or showing any other strange symptoms.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Asus transformer book T100TAM.
I've just turned it on after about a year, and this is the screen I get.
No messages, asked for password ***** goes to ASU screen.
No noises or anything.

Ok.. It does ask you for a password? So I can ascertain what part of the boot processes is still working.

Describe to me visually in detail, what that password ***** looks like.

Thank you.

D.S

Blue screen little white box says password.

Ok.. Thats either a bios password, or a hard drive password. .Not a windows password.

So we dont know whether the hard drive is still viable.

Lets try this next.. In the aptio setup utility , look for the boot section. What do you have listed as your first boot device?

Also, what boot devices by name do you see listed as possible choices?

D.S

Boot option #1. (Windows Boot Manager)

Ok, what else do you see listed for other options, precisely

None. That's the only thing listed under Boot

Ok, how about this. On the exit tab.. Or anywhere on the screen do you see where it says ""Press XX to restore default settings and exit"

Where XX equals a key such as f10 or f6 or f7, etc.. ? If you see it, try to restore the defaults and exit and then see if the computer will boot.

It's goes back to enter password...then the ASU screen

Have you tried removing the power cord and then pressing and holding power for one minute, then powering up again?

That could help, and is worth a shot. But clearly what is happening here is that your hard drive isnt being recognized any more. It may have simply failed. Can you check the full model identifier on the bottom of the machine and find out if you have a T100TAM-C1 or a T100TAM-H2

Hat didn't work. It's s C1

Thats unfortunate.. The C1 model has a soldered in place emmc chip, basically thats your SSD or solid state hard drive.

If its failed, its not replaceable. Youre welcome to get a second opinion but I want to warn you. If you take the device into a repair shop youre only going to be charged more $$ to end up at the same end point.

I wish I had better news for you Angel. Those T100's werent exactly made to last.

Dustin S.

Thank you for your help.Angel

Youre welcome, I wish there was more I could do.

D.S