Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I just bought this monitor, I now have a display upper right…

Customer Question
I just bought this monitor...
I just bought this monitor, I now have a display upper right of screen that says displayport no signal
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/18/2016
Computer technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi Dan. My name is***** you for you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

The message means the input on the monitor is set to DisplayPort. Is that the input you have

your PC/laptop connected to?

I don't know what that means, I was installing new speakers maybe I hit something. How do I fix it?

You need to use the onscreen menu of the monitor to set the input to whatever port on the monitor you are using.

What kind of cable runs from your computer to the monitor?

If it's HDMI you'll need to set the input to that.

Is was working fine, it is an hhdmi cable. I think I messed up settings

There should be buttons on the monitor that allow you to pull up the menu.

They're usually located at the front of monitor on the bottom or right side.

What is the brand and model number of the monitor?

are you there?

Yes I am.

never mind costs keep going up. Just cancel my charge.

The cost doesn't change unless you signed up for a subscription. That's something easily undone.

Disregard the automated phone call pop ups as well.