Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Epson 8350 projector. just got it (bought on craigslist)

Customer Question
powered it up and all...
epson 8350 projector. just got it (bought on craigslist) powered it up and all i see is a pinkish screen. no words or images at all.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/16/2016
Computer technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Using the remote, are you able to pull up the onscreen menu?

You should be able to pull that up no matter what source is selected.

no nothing just light purple on the right side and green on the left. what color should it be?
when i first turn it on i hear a clicking sound for a sec then the light comes on.

I'm not sure what color it should be but it shouldn't be two colors.

Are you turning it on using the remote?

I'm asking about the remote to determine if the remote works at all.

am using the remote. all three colors on the inside are one. IE. red blue green.
the remote will power it on and off and if the blank button it pushed it will darken the screen a bit

You're not going to be able to do much without being able to see the menu options.

There's a reset option on the menu to put everything back to default but if you can't get

to the menu that's no help. Given that the projector is used, off Craigslist,

it may not have been working when you got it. I'm going to opt out of this

question as there is nothing more I can offer. My apologies.

ok thanks. there is a default button on the remote that i have pushed but nothing happened
Computer technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. do you still need assistance with this?