Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Computer Hardware related, hard to explain in just one

Customer Question
sentence....
Computer Hardware related, hard to explain in just one sentence.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
1/2/2016
Computer technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me

more about your issue. You're not limited to just one sentence.

Hey Byron, thanks for helping me today.So I had just bought a new PC Tower Case, to replace the standard case on my OEM PC. I have replaced everything in it, including the Power Supply, the CPU Cooler (which was too big for the old case and the reason I order this new case). I have also added a new Graphics Processor to it.The problem is when I transferred it to the new case, the Dell motherboard did not come with a LED pin layout, so I had to trace wires from the front panel of the old case, to the labeled pins of the new one. I still haven't gotten the pins to work correctly, but the PC does power on and stay on.I figured that since it could stay on, I can at least view it on my monitor, and this is where the problem begins. The rear panel of the motherboard does not respond to the HDMI inputs, nor does the USB.I think it's a BIOS problem, or the motherboard could be dead. Hoping it's not the latter I came here looking for help, since any of my friends who are capable of helping me with this are currently not at my aid.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think you may be better served by another expert. I'll remove

myself from the question and open it up to the other experts. Good luck on this.

Thanks Byron!
Computer technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you see the Motherboard logo on the screen ? Is it stuck on screen or is it restarting just after displaying the manufacturer logo ? If it is stuck, can you turn ON and OFF the Caps Lock key on your keyboard ?

Regards
Jins

Thank you for helping me, Jins.Actually the logo for the manufacturer is not displaying on screen at all, because not even the HDMI cable to the monitor is working. Power seems to only be going to the CPU Fan & Front Panel. None of the board's connecting components USB keyboard, Audio & HDMI are being picked up/responding.

Okay, power OFF the computer by turning OFF the AC power supply. Then power ON the AC supply and then turn ON computer while watching the keyboard. Is the LEDs on the keyboard blinking thrice ? or is aren't those LEDs not turning ON ? Can you hear any beep sounds when computer is ON ?

Regards

Jins

Hey Jins,I have tried this directly, by turning AC off on the PSU directly and the Keyboard LEDs do not respond at all. The board does not beeping, when starting up either.I just thought of something that may provide insight to this. Previously when I had transferred these old components, I had done so improperly so that the PC would start up with AC coming from the Power Supply, but then it would immediately kick off. It does not have this problem any longer.I'm fairly certain this is an interesting scenario for you, and I thank you for all your efforts.

Okay, open the cover of system cabinet. Then remove the RAM modules from the Motherboard. Turn on the system. Can you hear any beeps now ? If not power off the system and remove the newly inserted graphics card. Turn on the system, can you hear any beeps ?

Regards

Jins

No beeps were heard with and without the graphics card.

Okay, remove every connections like Hard Disk Data connection and power, Optical Drive data cable and power etc.. Just keep the two power connections from SMPS that connects to the motherboard. Remove new graphics card. Then re-insert RAM modules. Power ON the system. What happens now? Do you getting any display on your monitor ?

Regards

Jins

Russell H., Computer Repairer